Learn More About Oakhurst Veterinary Hospital

Learn About Oakhurst Veterinary Hospital

"The love between our clients and their pets is the basis for all that we do."

Veterinary Leadership Since 1926

Oakhurst Veterinary Hospital has a long tradition of veterinary excellence. The hospital was founded in 1926 by Dr. Harry Millar and his son, Dr. Joseph Millar. In 1986, the Millars sold the practice to Dr. Delaney and Dr. Wefer. The Millar Animal Hospital was renamed Oakhurst Veterinary Hospital to represent the community that has loved and supported the practice from its inception.

A Solid Partnership

Dr. Delaney and Dr. Wefer met in 1984 while practicing together at a veterinary hospital in East Brunswick, New Jersey. Their partnership was established with a commitment to excellence and a dedication to quality care. Most of all, the two agreed that the practice should be an environment where veterinarians and support staff could grow, learn, and have pride in the care they provided for their patients. A love for people and the bond they have with their pets is the foundation on which the practice has grown and thrived.

Award-Winning Hospital

In 2002, Drs. Delaney and Wefer started plans to expand the hospital to meet the growing needs of clients and staff, and to continue the Oakhurst Veterinary Hospital history of leadership and innovation. In 2009, the new 13,000-square-foot addition was opened. The new space includes state-of-the-art treatment areas, intensive care unit, advanced dental procedure area, five additional examination rooms, and a walk-in pet pharmacy. There is a new entrance and reception area, retail food and pet product area, pharmacy, expanded grooming area, and a luxury dog and cat hotel with covered, climate-controlled outdoor exercise area.

The architectural design of the fašade is an updated version of the traditional and classic brick Jersey Shore style. Our goal was to maintain the small, friendly, and comfortable atmosphere while improving efficiency and client service. Oakhurst Veterinary Hospital is a proud recipient of the 2010 Veterinary Economics Merit Award for Hospital Design.

Today our commitment to client service and medical excellence is stronger than ever. With a devoted and enthusiastic staff, we enjoy an outstanding reputation for providing pets and pet owners the very best in compassionate pet health care.