Veterinary internal medicine deals with the diagnosis and non-surgical treatment of conditions of the internal organs, such as the kidney, liver, heart, and gastrointestinal system. At Oakhurst Veterinary Hospital, we use a combination of advanced technology and collaboration to bring together the most efficient diagnoses and the most effective treatments for restoring pet health.
- In-house veterinary lab—Our in-house lab can provide fast results for basic blood tests, urine analysis, cytology, and screenings for many of the most common pet diseases.
- Microscopy—Our video microscope is used daily to perform blood smears, cytology, urine sediment analysis, and skin diagnostics.
- Advanced veterinary lab—For more specific or advanced testing, Oakhurst Veterinary Hospital utilizes an area diagnostic lab that picks up samples from our hospital twice a day and provides results within six to eight hours.
- Digital radiography—Using digital X-ray technology, our veterinarians are able to detect even subtle abnormalities in pet organs. This technology also allows our vets to share images with specialists electronically for immediate consultation with specialists.
- Digital ultrasound—Similar to X-rays, ultrasound images can be shared with specialists for consultations. The quality and non-invasive nature of this technology allows our veterinarians to screen for masses and examine the functioning of internal organs without further stressing the pet.
Oakhurst Veterinary Hospital’s doctors regularly consult with one another through medical rounds in which several doctors review difficult cases. This gives our patients the benefits of several doctors’ opinions and brainstorming analyses. The sharing of expertise and experience of our vets has resulted in highly efficient diagnosis and treatment of a wide variety of pets and their ailments.
- Veterinary specialists—Oakhurst Veterinary Hospital maintains close relationships with different specialty hospitals so our patients have access to veterinarians with advanced abilities and degrees in fields such as:
- Internal medicine
- Veterinary Information Network (VIN)—All of Oakhurst Veterinary Hospital’s doctors have access to this and other online sharing networks. VIN is the largest online network for communicating and sharing of knowledge on the latest treatments and consultations from veterinary experts from around the world. Our veterinarians use VIN to research cases and to access expertise on the latest best procedures and practices in veterinary medicine.
Oakhurst Veterinary Hospital uses all diagnostic modalities for the benefit of our patients’ health. If we can be of service to your pet, please contact our knowledgeable doctors or staff for a consultation.