With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, you’re probably wondering what to give your pet to express your appreciation for them.
At Oakhurst Veterinary Hospital, we know how much you love your pet, which is why we’ve come up with a list of our favorite ways to show our four-legged friends just how much we treasure them each and every day!
5 Ways to Love Your Pet
Giving gifts to our loved ones is a universal way of showing that you care. Why not extend the same kindness to your pet? Consider the following thoughtful gifts:
- Wellness – Your pet’s annual or bi-annual wellness exam probably isn’t their idea of the perfect Valentine’s gift, but the increased health and longevity they will receive is well worth the effort. If we haven’t seen your pet in awhile, don’t hesitate to give us a call and set up an appointment.
- Beauty – You already know your pet is beautiful, but regular grooming (whether at home or with our professional groomers) will help them look and feel their absolute best, not to mention prevent painful conditions such as matted fur, overgrown toenails, and infected ears.
- Play – Playtime is more than just fun for your pet. Playing provides important mental stimulation, burns calories, and supports the bond between you and your furry friend. Old-standbys like fetch and feather chase are wonderful or change it up by teaching your pet a new game, such as hide-and-seek.
- Nutrition – Loving on your pet by providing them with a high quality diet and plenty of fresh water is a no-brainer, but everyone deserves a tasty snack now and then. Consider whipping up a batch of healthy homemade pet treats this Valentine’s Day.
- Time – Your time and attention is the absolute best way you can love your pet! Taking time each day to talk kindly to your pet, play together, work on obedience training, and snuggle lets your pet know that they’re an important member of the family.
How are you showing that you love your pet this Valentine’s Day? Let us know the next time we see you or post a picture of your furry loved-one on our Facebook page. From all of us at Oakhurst Veterinary Hospital, we wish you and your pet a Happy Valentine’s Day!