Most vaping product packages have clear warnings that the product and its contents are not safe for children or pets. We are now more aware, too, of the risks to people where we once thought they were relatively harmless. Vaping poisoning remains a problem for pet owners when their pets are exposed to or ingests these nicotine substitutes.
The team at Oakhurst Veterinary Hospital want to give you the facts about vaping dangers and pets. Learn more about vape safety around pets by reading on.
Essential oils have earned their place among those that enjoy and benefit from aromatherapy. From easing nausea to decreasing anxiety, these natural, plant-derived products have been central in the lives of many generations, and now they are part of the natural cure-all trend.
While seemingly safe and advantageous for people, essential oils and pets may be a terrible combination.Continue…
When we think about pet-proofing our homes, it makes sense to put away leftover food, cover the garbage bin, and make sure your favorite slippers are out of reach. However, securing the medicine cabinet probably isn’t the first thing that comes to mind, but perhaps it should be. The Pet Poison Hotline reports that nearly 50% of all the calls they receive involve human medications, both prescription and over-the-counter.
We all want the best for our pets, and of course that includes keeping them safe from potentially poisonous substances. Because so many items commonly found in our homes, gardens, and neighborhoods can pose a hazard to our pets, it’s vital that pet parents are not only educated on the potential pet toxins, but also know what to do in the event of an accidental pet poisoning.
Regardless of how long you’ve shared your space with a four-legged companion, you are probably well aware of their propensity to sniff out food wherever it may be.
The contents of a backpack, purse, or lunchbox can be particularly tantalizing, and with school back in session the opportunities for scrounging are nearly endless.
Unfortunately, these seemingly harmless items can actually pose a significant risk to our pets in the form of toxins such as certain foods, medication, and even chewing gum.